Plaster or polyfilla

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI,

I scraped off some loose paint and some plaster that had come off the plasterboard on my kitchen ceiling due to water damage from the bathroom above. I need to fill in the missing plaster before painting. Can I use polyfilla or do I need to buy proper plaster? It seems crazy to buy a big bag of plaster for such a small job.

See attached image.

Attachments

• 14830252509821225911925.jpg
    14830252509821225911925.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 194
Sponsored Links
Reveller, good evening.

Not intended as a derogatory comment, but? the quality of the Image uploaded does not lend itself to being enlarged, sorry about that.

If the plaster has fallen of the ceiling then the Plasterboard will have been damaged at the same time. damp Plasterboard has lost a lot of its structural integrity, not that it had a lot to start with?

My preference would be to remove and replace an area of Plasterboard, re-skim the entire ceiling and re-decorate the entire room ?

As a rough rule of thumb, if this were an insurance claim I would expect to see a cost of about £ 1,200 or so?

How about you consider an Insurance Claim?

OK your future premiums will be increased, but you can go on to a comparison site at next renewal and see what savings you can obtain??

Your call?

Ken.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back