using plaster to fill holes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The plasterer who skimmed over my bathroom artex ceiling noticed that we had quite a bit of polyfilla on the walls in our hallway which is due to be sanded and painted.

He commented that he thought polyfilla was nasty stuff and that i'd do better to use a gyproc plaster product in future as it's much easier to sand down and work with.

He couldn't remember the exact name but (i think) said it had a purple colour on the packet.

Anyone know what he's talking about?

I have to say I bloody hate sanding down polyfilla so would welcome a product that's easier to work with

Sponsored Links
he might be thinking of gyproc easy fill which is like polyfilla.in future practice striking off flusher with the filla you use,which can cut down on sanding.

Don’t know about purple colour on the packet but maybe he’s referring to Gyproc Easyfill
http://www.british-gypsum.com/produ...ries/gyproc_accessories/gyproc_easi-fill.aspx

I wouldn’t use finishing plaster (or any sort of plaster) for localised filling, it’ll shrink, crack, is very hard & will be a darn site more difficult to sand & blend in than Pollyfilla. Don’t know what filler you’re using but I find the ready mix fine fillers (including Pollyfilla) are very good for small local repairs & sanding certainly isn’t difficult!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back