Painting polyfilla over painted plaster wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

We've recently had our hallway skimmed and then painted, but only after painting did I realise how bad the plaster job was, and subsequently I've had to fill in numerous scratches and gouges with polyfilla.

What I need to know is whether I need to water down a coat of emulsion to go over the polyfilla first, and if so, can this watered down coat also go over the emulsion already on the walls?

I'm leaning towards watering down the coloured emulsion that the walls are done in since I have quite a bit left and think it might end up with a better finish rather than patching the polyfilla with white emulsion, or doing the whole wall with white then going over with colour again.

Any advice as to whether this is a bad idea?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Sponsored Links
Any Matt emulsion would be fine to use, if you have rolled the wall then use a roller to go over the filler with, I would advise to give the whole wall one coat as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back