Painting New Plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have had a room (walls and ceiling) plaster reskimmed over three weeks ago, and a 2 days ago I decided to put on a watered down emulsion as first coat. I had decided on final paint colour coating to be luxurious silk emulsion (Dulux) for walls and ceilings. I was originally going to buy a trade matt emulsion (Dulux) as first watered down sealer coat but was advised at the store (badly I believe) that silk should not be painted on top of matt! so I chose a brillant white Dulux silk emulsion for walls and ceilings so use as sealer / second coat prior to the proposed application of two full coats of my Dulux luxurious silk emulsion finish. I have completed the sealer coat (approx 3 or 4 to 1 emulsion/water mix of the brillant white ), followed by a straight coat, and am now ready for two coats of finish colour Dulux silk Talking to my plasterer later he advised that I should have used matt rather than silk for first coats due to the silk highlighting any imperfections there may be. Can I rectify the situation before applying the finish silk emulsion coats by applying a matt coat over what I have done or is there anything else I can do now? Suggestions? Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back