Plasterboard or Asbestos Insulating Board?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning folks

I've got a question about some plasterboard in our new house and I can't find and answer online that fits what I've got.

Long story short, the ceiling plasterboard had a hole made in it when moving in. I pulled the board down yesterday and it broke into bits. No problems but when looking at where to buy a new one, I saw about Asbestos and the possibility of old boards having asbestos in.

The board is like white chalk with what looks like natural fibres in. It's sandwiched between brown paper backing and is 10mm thick. The house was built in 1959.

I didn't think plasterboard in this format ever contained asbestos?

Am I being daft or do I need to call an adult to get it sorted?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Sorry, should have done that in the post. The paper backing burns like normal paper. I can't see any logos on any of the pieces.
20180829_104953.jpg
20180829_104958.jpg

Plaster or plasterboard never contained asbestos. Its plasterboard, dont let the adults in.

Sponsored Links
Cheers mate. I called a local asbestos company about an hour ago who saw some pics and said it's all in order.

Thanks for the replies.

Now to patching the hole up lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back