Plasterboard to ceiling, no joists

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiyers,

I've got a small storage room (about 1m * 1.5m) the current ceiling is made of (various bits) of wood board as it is directly below a cold water tank (not used in a long time). I want to tidy this up, could I put plasterboard directly onto the wood board with a gap between them of about 40mm? There's about 30mm between the woodboard and the bottom of the water tank. What type of screws should I be using?

Thanks,

Tony

Sponsored Links
Zorg, good evening.

Can I suggest that you consider fixing a timber batten around the walls then fitting cross members between the wall mounted battens, if you "Aim" for a center to center gap of [about] --- 450 mm. ?

if it were me I would opt for [say] a 75.mm X 50.mm or even [SAY] A 50.MM X 50.mm batten, the latter could also be secured up to the existing timber matrix??

Just a consideration? also how about fitting some insulation above the ceiling??

Ken,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back