plastered walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was told to mix 4 parts water to 1 emulsion by various people for my walls so it becomes a sealent, and its went on fine its feels fine, its seems sealed ok, BUT!!! I touch with fingers and i still get minor dust parts, not lots but still a bit.

Can I go over it again only with thicker sealant, say 1 part emusion matt and say 2 parts water, Ive never done decorating before as ive been seriously ill over a long time, but had back Op 3 years ago and now im starting to move about, maybe i shouldnt be going this fast but heck, where im decorating is where ive been laid up, the bedroom, and its in need..

well any advice is welcome, Im painting walls after i feel they are sealed Properly, but i dont really know what PROPERLY is ha ha. its alll very smooth with very very few patches where filler was used, so i THINK its ok..But not sure if going on with thicker emulsion and water mix is good or making it harder for myself??

many many thanks

CJ

Sponsored Links
It's the other way around. 3 parts paint to 1 part water. (dilute 25%)

It's the other way around. 3 parts paint to 1 part water. (dilute 25%)
Well I must admit it seemed watery, but that is what i was told by B&Q so its on new plaster, can i go over it again the other way round, would it affect anything ive done ?

Yes. 3 parts paint to one of water will be a good base.

Sponsored Links
It's to stop the wall sucking out the moisture before the paint has time to adhere.

It's to stop the wall sucking out the moisture before the paint has time to adhere.
Now it looks and feels better,no dust...I think after clean up its time for my colour paint, that i havent decided on yet, I guess thats the right step now.

Now it looks and feels better,no dust...I think after clean up its time for my colour paint, that i havent decided on yet, I guess thats the right step now.

Would have been better to use the final colour as the base coat.

why waste expensive colour coat if you've got half a 5L tub of cheap emulsion left from another room?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back