Zinsser Bin over oil based eggshell walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys
I have some walls that have been painted with oil based eggshell I want to paint them now with emulsion, can I give them a coat of Zinsser BIN first before I put water based emulsion on and how long after ive put the BIN on can i put emulsion on ? Ive got some varnished woodwork to paint over with gloss which is why im thinking of using BIN but im not sure you can put emulsion over it Has anyone done it and did it turn out ok Thanks all Cris

Sponsored Links
You will be high for a week if you paint an entire room with BIN!
BIN is good for resinous timber and in small touch ups, as for the walls Bullseye 123 will be fine.
http://www.zinsseruk.com/product/bulls-eye-1-2-3/
Be aware that although you can overcoat in about an hour it takes several weeks to cure to full adhesion, so be careful about scratching the finished surface for a few weeks.
It will cure but if you scratch the surface with a finger nail it will come off before then.
Top product I have used it for loads of jobs (not good on your Breakfast Cereals though! :p(n)) without fail.(y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back