Plastering cellar walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to plaster a cellar. Am I best to cover the walls with some sort of damp proof membrane first to protect from any future risk of damp or would it be ok to simply dot + dab then skim.

The cellar does not appear to have a probelm with damp at present but am I better off safe than sorry with this one?

Any advice appreciated :)

Sponsored Links
Newton System 500. Waterproofing and damp-proofing

www.newton-membranes.co.uk

It's better not to dot and dab straight onto a cellar wall, even though there is no damp problem at the moment,but you can never tell.

Newton System 500.
Probably the ultimate way in damp or waterproofing a structure. Worth a look. These can be plastered over too.
Other similar products available too, from various websites, but check the prices.

Roughcaster.

All the so-called waterproofing systems cost a bomb. If you've got no damp simply fix timber studs to the wall and plasterboard. If it wasn't damp before - it won't be damp after. Just keep it ventilated.

or you could try,synthapruff 3 coats,blind the last coat with sand then render it.

Sponsored Links
I totally agree with you Joe90 on your comments. This was more of a piece of info for the OP to show the type of membrane product/s available.

Roughcaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back