plastering wiki

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

I've not been on the forum as long as quite a lot of you - but is there any reason why we don't have a 'Plastering & Rendering' series of pages on the DIYNot wiki? This forum seems to be missing from the list.
Or even some FAQs or Stickies at the top of this forum...

There do seem to be quite a few posts that come up frequently - use of p/board in bathrooms, dealing with artex, plastering round stoves/chimneys etc etc.

I couldn't recall a post on this subject - any views....

Sponsored Links
Could be a good idea, who is going to collate this information? I am unfamiliar on how a wiki is created or managed.

Sponsored Links
I’ve commented on the lack of a plastering sticky in the past. Other forums have stickies but I don’t have any idea how you write one; presumably you have to have authorisation from Admin to create it. Tiling, where I also hang out, has an excellent one but it could do with updating & the original author doesn’t post any longer; there appears to be no way of editing stickies!

Good effort there newbee. ;)

I’ve commented on the lack of a plastering sticky in the past. Other forums have stickies but I don’t have any idea how you write one; presumably you have to have authorisation from Admin to create it. Tiling, where I also hang out, has an excellent one but it could do with updating & the original author doesn’t post any longer; there appears to be no way of editing stickies!

Cheers Richard.
After my post this afternoon I used the 'alert mods' button with category 'other' to send a message through, to hopefully create something at the top of the plastering forum. Will wait & see......

The Wiki is surprisingly easy to update.
Now there are examples in the page, it should be even easier for more to be added/updated.

Yep,,,, good on ya Newb!! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back