Plasti-Kote Spray paint on light fittings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Probably a daft question but can you use Plasti-Kote Fast Dry Enamel Spray paint to spray sunken light fittings. Currently these are Gold and I want to change them to silver.

Problem I have is the spray paint is "highly flammable" and "Heat resistant to 120c". How hot do lighbulbs get to ? Will the paint flake or burn in anyway.

Thanks
AJ

Sponsored Links
Hmm dont know about plasticote, did some with hammerite spray once they were fine. Think hammerites to 120 c too but???

This spray paint is not easy to use in my opinion. You might get on better using a brushed paint.

sandwell said:
This spray paint is not easy to use in my opinion. You might get on better using a brushed paint.

On this occasion I took out the bulbs (all 20 of em :rolleyes: ) stuffed paper inside fittings and sprayed before I emulsiond ceiling. Had to be a bit nifty cutting emulsion into light surrrounds tho ;)

Sponsored Links
Ajay99 said:
Hi,

Problem I have is the spray paint is "highly flammable"

That's while you're spraying them. The propellant gas and the thinners are flammable.

The dried paint film is no worse than any other paint.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back