Plastic Mock tudor beams

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Does anyone know of any companies able to supply mock tudor beams made in UPVC/plastic? (am not too keen on real wood as cannot be bothered to keep painting it). I am nearing the completion of my self build and need to decorate the outside. Your help is much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Now that is just showing off, mr helpful! (Not to mention a tad sarcastic, which isn't like you at all).

However...something deep within my soul cries out in torment against the concept of plastic, mock-Tudor beams. Am I alone?

If you don't want the upkeep of wooden beams, why design and build a house which features them?

Now that is just showing off, mr helpful! (Not to mention a tad sarcastic, which isn't like you at all).

I agree that it does come across as a bit sarcastic but it wasn't meant in that way - sorry, devm :oops: .
I just thought it would be easier for the OP to have a look at the various options for themselves as their post implies that they are unsure if such a thing exists.

Personally, having had a look at them, I would also agree that plastic beams will probably look like a very poor substitute for the real thing, with many appearing to just be foil covered, which could very well fail after time.

Sponsored Links
I came - I googled - I found . but the answer is in the other locked thread ;)

Funnily enough I came across some of these in a property recently.

There was definitely something shifty-looking - dishonest, even - about them.

devm, how many beams are you needing and I guess you are thinking of them finished in black paint. I have seen these in plastic but they still get dirty and fade after a couple of years. They look like aaaaaaaplastic!!!
You can use tanalised sawn timber in various lengths, widths, and thickness if you are just painting them.
If you are after a natural american oak look but don't want the cost, then add it as a thinner layer fixed to tanalised timber with countersunk screws and oak pegs. But now we are rather getting away from the painting forum, sorry guys!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back