PLEAAAAASE HELP! whirlpool washer dryer WILL NOT DRAIN

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
whirlpool washer dryer 1000, MODEL AWG995

is it the pump? does it need unblocking? or replacing? is that easy, how do i drain the water, what are the steps to fixing this problem? how much is a pump likely to be? MANY MANY THANKS

Sponsored Links
may be the pump, may be blocked filter, no idea what so ever.

How ever do this.

pull m/c out, remove grey pipe from sink or where ever (NOT m/c end) put pipe in a bucket, if water runs out fast its pump, if its slow its filter / pump blocked, no need to turn m/c on

thanks a million breezer...

will do as u suggested...when i get home....

so to confirm...if it flows fast into bucket i need a new pump, if it is slow i need to unblock the pump....it's not the filter because i cleaned it out and it still doesn't work although perhaps the blocked filter caused the blocking/damage to the pump( i'm just guessing..have no idea .. but would like to fix it myself.). ....if it is a new pump how much is it likely to cost(just a rough idea)

Sponsored Links
rotf.......

ok...thanks for your help...will let u know how it goes.. tomorrow...god bless

pull out machine ant tip backwards 45 degrees against solid object. Then remove filter if clogged up clean and replace. If it is clear there is a possibility of one of the pump wires being "off". I had this loads of times in the past.
You can drain the water from the front osing a shallow tray.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back