PLEASE HELP..boiler banging on start up....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my old boiler which was a glow worm combi was banging on start up and then started exploding on start up then it broke down....so i got a new boiler after all the problems with that one..I had fitted a maine boiler which was niceand quiet at first but this too has now started banging when it fires up...the plumber thought that it was because my kitchen tap was not running through quick enough and causing a build up of gas then exploding....but it does this randomly as my boiler fires up even when there is nothing on...supposed to i think!!!! but even then if fires up with a bang.....why would this be doing this again as itis a completely different boiler??????help me...driving me mad!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
While it is too ate for the old Gloworm as it has been asigned to the boiler heaven in the sky, the present does need a little bit of care and attention that the plumber is not able to do (going by advise he has given you so far)

Get someone who repairs boiler for a living to look at your boiler is the best advice one can give yopu. Servicing is important as well especially if carried out as per the manual. Flue gas analysis needs carried out at service intervals, benchmark logbook marked accordingly. If the guy does not have a combustion analyser with caliberation in date, he is not your guy either

hi this boiler is only 3 months old and my was serviced regularly by glow worm ...just started all of a sudden on the old boiler but cannot pinpoint why or when...still under warranty this boiler so will call them out thabks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back