PLease Help! Boiler not igniting until HW flow full on!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
which for washing in the kitchen sink is OK, but useless for the mixer shower which keeps going stone cold!! My family now hate their nice new shower (which cost more than I budgeted for...)!

Can anyone advise what I should do? The boiler is a Vaillant Turbomax 282e, & I recently flushed & protected the CH system but I don't think that should have made a difference.

There's a knob just behind the heat exchanger which I seem to recall being told years ago is a flow rate adjuster. But I dont know which way to turn it or what the implications will be.

Sorry this sounds a little dumb but I really want to be sure this is the problem & it can be fixed otherwise it means my brand new Grohe shower is next to useless. And this is causing major arguments with my wife.

Sponsored Links
If it is a typical turbomax I would firstly look at the flow sensor and divertor valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back