Please help identify this old Redfyre oil boiler model?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help me please? I am trying to identify an old oil boiler. I am having gas installed and getting it replaced with a gas boiler asap, but due to delays the old boiler may still have to be in use for a month or two yet.

I need to identify it so that I can try to get a user manual to figure out how to start it and run it. (I understand the manufacturer may be legally obliged to provide a user manual upon request, but I would like to be able to quote the right model name for it to avoid confusion, and they may not bother to respond if they have to put a lot of effort in identifying it.)

It is a white fridge-sized box that rests on the floor next to the wall, with a flue pipe coming out of the top. There are no logos or words on the exterior, they may have rubbed off with cleaning over the years. There is one light on the front surface near the top and on the left.

It is not a cooker, but an old boiler.

The house has a seperate immersion heater tank, and there is a back boiler at an open fireplace. It is controlled by a thermostat.

These are some details from a photocopy of a form I've got, although the handwriting is not very clear:

Appliance make: Redfyre
Model: 60
Serial No.: 5962
Burner make: Redfyre
Type: Vap(P)
Flue type: CF
Fuel type: C2
Air supply: "Advantshous air flue draw checked [illegiable] factor [illegiable]".
Hot water type: I/D
Smoke No. 0-1
Co2 6%
Flue gas temp 250C
Efficiency Nett 69.8%
CO 51ppm

There is also a copy of an invoice which includes mention of a "Crossland filter".

Might it just called a "Redfrye 60" - I would have expected more to it than that, it seems too simple, since Trianco or Redfyre seem to do hundreds of different models?

I have sent an email to the service company on the form, but they have not replied.

So could anyone help identify it please?

And for bonus points, does anyone have a copy of a manual, could tell me where to get one (if the manufacturer can't/won't supply one), or could just explain how to start it please?

I am not at the house myself so it is impractical to take a panel off to see if there is any further identification inside. It was working OK last winter I believe, and was serviced.

Thanks very much.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back