please help me....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, first post here.
Moved into our new house 2 years ago and I owned a hammer.
Now I have so many dam tools, and so much work! :)

Anyhow, I tiled our kitchen last week, 4" ceramic tiles. Grouting is all finished too, but there was a 1cm gap between the top of the tiles and the bottom of the cupboards, I used 'Pollyfilla' to seal it last night and to my absolute horror I found that I can't remove the excess pollyfilla from the tiles surface! It's smudged all over the top tiles and seems to be staying there too.

I've tried a scraper, hot water, vinegar, turpentine, (mr. mussle/proper etc) and had no luck getting the dam stuff off.

Can anyone suggest 'anything' please,

really appreciate it!!!!!!!

Jason.

Sponsored Links
I dont know what they are called, but you could try a sauspan scrourer type thing they are green, it worked for me. If you used Polyfilla you mixed with water its soft, if it came from a tube it is harder.
Next time use the grout.

Diyisfun said:
Next time use the grout.

Next time i'll use a professional :LOL:

But thanks - i'll try that. Do you mean the plastic type ones or the metal ones?

Is there any type of solvent i could use to help, without damaging the tiles?

Sponsored Links
I feel like such an idiot :oops:

The misses just rang polyfilla for help.

Apparently 'hot water' works a treat.

Ahhhem...

j

onyx said:
I feel like such an idiot :oops:

The misses just rang polyfilla for help.

Apparently 'hot water' works a treat.

Ahhhem...

j

Thought you'd already tried that? :D BTW if you want to get subborn excess grout off tiles, you can buy grout film remover, contains phosphoric acid, alternatively I suppose you could you coca cola, which also contains phosphoric acid.

Sorry, water was warm, but very hot (almost boiling) is working.

Thanks for the tip re. the coke! Awful waster tho! :)

j

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back