Plinth for Relocating Water Tank in Loft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have a 200 litre cold water storage tank for a gravity fed system in my loft as pictured below and my plumber is replacing it with an unvented 210 litre cylinder at the end of the loft against the wall.

I am going to prepare the plinth for the tank to sit on along with the walkway up to it for maintenance etc. Looking some advice on the structure of it on the joists to take the weight whilst accommodating the extra height of the cylinder.

I have included a diagram of what is there at present (excuse the drawing, didn't have my crayons handy ;-0).

I am looking for advice on how much will be need to keep to spread the weight of the new cylinder across the joists. There is 37cm between the joists.

There are no accessible solid walls to put it above before it is mentioned but the current tank isn't above one either.

Thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back