PLUMBERS CANDLES

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ANYONE OUT YHERE KNOW WHAT PLUMBERS CANDLES ARE/WERE USED FOR? WHAT I AM CALLING A PLUMBERS CANDLE IS ABOUT SIX INCHES LONG AND ABOUT ONE INCH ROUND. THEY BURN FOR 18 TO 20 HOURS. I THOUGHT THEY WERE USED TO KEEP LEAD AND/OR SOLDER HOT. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT.

THANKS EDW (THE YANK) :)

Sponsored Links
oilman said:
(Not sure why people don't search the net themselves) :rolleyes:

in a similar vain they do not seach the forums fist either, also i think typing it capitals is SHOUTING, what also the bet that the poster to whom you so graciously replied, doesn't even say thankyou (hint hint)

I don't see much in a first question written in capitals. I still have a mobile phone that can only send capitals in messages, (perhaps thats why I hardly ever get any replies). I'm probably guilty of not saying thanks every time somebody gives me information, (er, was that the hint :confused: ), similarly if I post something then I never expect thanks, (well,...it's my choice to do it), and as long as who ever gets help, helps someone else someday then the system's working.

Sponsored Links
Oilman, it is NOT a dig at you, (the, hint hint) its just that i was brought up to say thank you as it costs nothing, and with these forums it also shows that your message has been read.

Regarding your phone & text what happens if while composing a text you press the # button

SORRY DIDN'T KNOW CAPITALS WERE A PROBLEM. I ALWAYS USE CAPS; ALSO I AM SUPRISED THAT THE BRITS ARE SOOOOOO RUDE!!
I DID SAY THANK YOU- SEE ORIGINAL POST- :(

what can people who kill more of their allies than their foe expect? :confused:
and rude? no mate, if you want to read the amount of messages from americans who post then are never to be seen agen, thats rude!
"SUPRISED THAT THE BRITS ARE SOOOOOO RUDE!! "
oh and i saw a documentry the other day ' im supprised taht americans are sooooooo FAT!"

EDW you should be aware you are posting on a English, UK based forum, if you notice 98% of the other posts are in lower case, to type in capitals is SHOUTING, this is netequete, not just us here in the U.K.

I am sorry to say that it is YOU (yes i am shouting) that is the one being rude, you did say thanks, which we do not deny, but a simple :oops: would have surficed, there was no need for you to state that we are rude.

Also it shows you can use a search engine, finding this forum proves it, we are just curios as to why you did not search your favorite search engine first for what you seek (plumbers candle) as that is all the person who replied did, hence his comment

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back