Plumber's Tape

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does Plumber's Tape have an adhesive backing? I've found a roll of white tape here that I thought was plumber's tape but it's not quite as thin as I remember and has a self adhesive backing. It could well be insulation tape but it's not as thick.

Seems to be made by 'Lyvia 'in Japan. Also has printed on the plastic part of the spool

NASTRO AUTOADESIVO PVC

0.2mm x 19mm x 20m

Just going by the thickness, the following PTFE tape is only 0.2mm thick but doesn't mention about an adhesive backing:

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/ptfe-...552267573743D3233312D3936342677633D4E4F4E4526

I just had a memory that plumber's tape didn't have an adhesive backing and was thinner.

Sponsored Links
Lyvia make electrical stuff and what you have sounds like insulation tape, particularly as it is made of PVC.

If it's PVC, it won't be PTFE.

Cheap as chips at your local merchants. Treat yourself to a roll. ;)

Sponsored Links
Thanks, had a bad feeling it could be insulation tape.

I could SWEAR that I had some proper plumber's tape somewhere though, wish I could find it! :)

EDIT: Success! Just found my roll of actual Plumber's/PTFE Tape. :D

(same one as linked above - the roll states: "one wrap thread seal tape").

PTFE - Plumber's Tape For Everything.
24.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back