Plumbing Earthing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have installed new bathroom suite and replaced copper pipe with plastic all the way up to taps.

Was told i need to earth the taps as they are metal but this is almost impossible!

Any recommendations gratefully received.

PS I have also replaced rad with towel rail. Earth wire for rad was fixed to bottom. Can't figure out how to fix to towel rail though!?!?!?!

Sponsored Links
wfoot said:
Was told i need to earth the taps as they are metal but this is almost impossible!
There is no requirement to bond the taps

wfoot said:
PS I have also replaced rad with towel rail. Earth wire for rad was fixed to bottom. Can't figure out how to fix to towel rail though!?!?!?!
There is no requirement to supplementary bond radiators or towel rails, there is a reqirement to bond metal water and waste pipes (central heating pipes if there metal)
If you have any other electrical aparatus in Zone 1,2 or 3 it will need bonding to the rad pipes
cpcs are considered suitable as supplementary bonding conductors

Try posting under Electrical

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back