Plumbing in Wet Underfloor Heating?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking at getting a plumber to fix in a 2 zone wet underfloor heating into my pressured system. Not fussed about individually controlling the zones, I can disable the second via the manifold which is all I need at this stage.

The kit comes with the below, but I don't see a zone valve in the mix?

http://www.thefloorheatingwarehouse.co.uk/acatalog/Multiple_Zone_and_Large_Single_Area_Systems.html

So my question is, the UFH kit comes with its own thermostat (wireless jobbie) which regulates the temperature of the UFH. With it being plumbed into the 'primaries' how does the thermostat control the boiler to get the hot water to set the temperature of the floor?

Without its own zone valve, I don't see how it can trigger the boiler to fire? OR is the setup designed to only work when the heating is on & boiler already fired, and then the thermostat would control the UFH?

Can anyone explain the system to me? - I'd be very grateful!

Many thanks,

Sponsored Links
i would recommend fitting zone valves , for single zones you could just use the pump live as a switch live..

If you read the bit where it says 'click for more information' it says a two port valve is required depending upon the level of control required.

Alternatively add loop control valves and thermostat/control box to operate them. The control box would provide a pump run and boiler fire signal as required.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the quick reply guys, unfortunately I work with cars not plumbing so a lot of this terminology is lost on me. Could you please elaborate?

In short, I currently have a 2 Zone setup i think, 1 zone for heating 1 zone for hot water. This is all controlled via a wireless thermostat that replaced the standard wall mounted manual timer in the kitchen.

Adding an extra Zone Valve, would I presume need wiring back the 'wiring centre' in my airing cupboard, which is controlled by my current 2 zone thermostat (water & heating), this means I *could* lock the underfloor heating into the hot water so when the hot water is run the bathroom rads warm up (hot water triggers our rads to warm up as well) AND the underfloor heating comes on.

OR...if I wanted the underfloor heating as a third zone I would use the digital thermostat with the UFH kit, and having that effectively wired (??) directly into the third honeywell Zone Valve (to be bought) & UFH kit temperature sensor?

Are both of the above options feasible? Again, please excuse the laymans terminology, I have very little plumbing know-how.

Cheers :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back