Plumbing price work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, as a second income I have just started my own business working for a landlord and an estate agent dealing with their maintenance work. Mainly on the plumbing side of things.
Just wondering if my prices seem to be fair, since I am getting a fair amount of work in.
I charge £25 per job, if I sort the problem out straight away, without using materials etc, and it takes less than an hour. Or £30 if I have to return to the job with materials etc. And if its a bigger job I price accordingly.
I know I have to factor in fuel, insurance, van etc, wear and tear on tools.

Sponsored Links
yeah your cheap. if your making money and your happy then keep it that way. are you a fully qualified plumber ?

£25 a job, :eek: you may aswell stack shelves in tesco ffs. :LOL:

I worry when I see prices as low as yours, it just helps to de-value the trade

Sponsored Links
At £25 per hour x 8 hours =£200 per day on average is not a bad wage, but its like everything else in life you take the good with the bad. some of you think this is a low rate you could try putting it up and just see what happens :) If your not advertising and only working local and its regular then its not to be sniffed at.

Hi yes time served plumber/ but that was many years ago. The reason my prices are that low is because I am getting a fair amount of work from the landlord that I work for, which means that I am getting on some days, 4-5 easy jobs such as replacing a toilet handle, fixing a tap washer, basic fault finds etc, which can all be done in two or three hours work, and I feel embarrased to be charging over £100 for work that has cost me very little.
The work that I cant deal with I pass on to friends, who are gas fitters, sparks etc.
If it was a one off job from a mop than I would you usually charge £40 minimum, but im starting to feel embarrased for invoicing £100 plus for an hour or two's work.
Just wondering what other people charge. I do not want to get greedy and end up getting f!cked off, for a wannabe jack of all trades who works cash in hand, with no insurance, and works out the back of his car.

Can't make a living like that. You want to earn more than just WAGES.

Sponsored Links
Back