Electrical Pricing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a builder selected for a basement conversion who has advised me that the electrical work on the job will be sub contracted to a self employed electrician. The quote supplied is more than 2.5 times what the builder estimated himself during the tender process and I have asked for this to be detailed out to determine costs. I'm supplying all the sockets/ leds etc so its a labour and wire price. Can anybody advise what's the norm in electrical pricing is it based on a daily rate or calculated on a price per socket/light fitting installed. Any guidance on what these rates should be?

Sponsored Links
Some ask for day rate, some go on price, will depend on the job and the difficulty/access to areas.
Really need more detail of what you are wanting to be fitted, whether this includes new distribution board and new circuits, or if they are being extended from another supply. If any updating of earthing and bonding is required, any downlights, any special requirements.

If you are not happy with the sub-contractor, tell the builder the price is more than originally, estimated/quoted for and you would like to source your own electrician or request the builder does.

You could do a quick calc on £40.00 an accessory, but not all jobs are the same.

The jobs involves 52 installs mostly LEDS with 10 double sockets and a handful of smoke/heat alarms. New consumer unit already installed and easily accessible for new circuits. Electrician priced only labour and wire. Quote is £3600 inc V and works out at £70 per install.

Just seen the topic in electric UK.
Are talking LED downlights? Are they 240V or 12V.
You also have kitchen area, so this would require laundry applaince, cooking and worktop circuits, possibly more than one lighting area in kitchen/diner?
Under cab lights, two way switch etc...
If your supplying all materials, would likely be doable for 2K. But always best having a look at job first.

Sponsored Links
Prenticeboyofderry, many thanks for taking the time to share your experience. This is the same as my initial estimate of 10 days at £200 per day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back