Electrical Pricing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anybody advise what's the norm in electrical pricing is it based on a daily rate or calculated on a price per socket/light fitting installed. Any guidance on what these rates should be?

Sponsored Links
In this case its a new extension on a bungalow and my chosen builders advised that the electrical work will be sub contracted to his chosen electrician and involves 52 separate installations mainly downlights and sockets on a labour only basis that is being quoted at £3600 inc Vat.

Sponsored Links
John,

Many thanks for this, in your experience roughly, on a new extension how many new installs per day would you be looking at as the norm.

Thanks

Tony

John, Many thanks for this, in your experience roughly, on a new extension how many new installs per day would you be looking at as the norm.
I'm not the man with the right experience to answer that, but I'm sure others will be able to help you - but I would certainly expect a lot more than three!

Kind Regards, John

Yeah but surely if its 52points, none may be completed for the first 12 days, then bingo the last 6 days your doing about 8 a day

Yeah but surely if its 52points, none may be completed for the first 12 days, then bingo the last 6 days your doing about 8 a day
Indeed, but exactly what would they be doing for the first 12 days? Given that it's a 'new build extension', I doubt that there are many of the access/routing/disintegrating walls etc. problems that could arise in relation to, say, a re-wire.

Kind Regards, John

Are you saying he has to be paid for twelve days waiting?

Surely it's first fix, second fix and test etc.
The price works out at £69 a point.

You can get a complete rewire for that price.

Either he doesn't like doing downlights or the OP is a millionaire.
Builder taking a cut?

The extension is approx 6m X 9m with no issues with cable routing back to consumer unit. Some electrics need to be added to existing house but only approx 15 installs of leds.

On the flip side you've got other trades to fight against, sometimes poor access, walls floors that aren't ready, unpicking existing circuits to extend / modify for the building works, routing new circuits to the CU without disturbing the house too much etc etc.

I do a lot of extensions, and they're never as straight forward as people imagine.

The extension is approx 6m X 9m with no issues with cable routing back to consumer unit. Some electrics need to be added to existing house but only approx 15 installs of leds.

How many rooms, and what sort of rooms? How many stories?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back