Pricing Domestic Electrical work

For those of you that took the time and trouble to post a constructive reply, my sincere thanks. I know it's a tricky subject so I was just looking for a rough guide for general electrical work.

Cheers,

Tonyx

Sponsored Links
I am looking to get some rough ideas for pricing electrical work in and near London as a Niceic Domestic Installer.
As a rough idea, in your case, I would say £0ph, and materials provided free.

God some of you guys are losers, he asked for advise and you give stupid anwers and criticise him. We don't all know everything like you lot. Give the guy some help!!
(not saying I have any advise on pricing btw)

God some of you guys are losers ... Give the guy some help
What name do you give to someone who supports someone who is insufficiently trained in the trade that they are intending to charge money for?

Sponsored Links
What name do you give to someone who supports someone who is insufficiently trained in the trade that they are intending to charge money for?

Probably most of the "Part P" scams, I mean schemes.

His registration status is secondary to the fact that he is not competent enough to be charging for his services.

I think whether or not he can cost a job has no bearing on his "competency" as an electrician as such, what it does mean however is that his "competency" to run a effective business drawing in new and repeat work based on fair charging is questionable!!!!!

My bit of advice, Inner London £190 per day, Outer London £180 per day,

Central London £220 per day and if it is a Bank steal the main fuse and don't forget to ram the Bentley when reversing out!!!!!

I'd like some advice on how much to charge people for brain surgery.

I'm not competent to do it, I'd just like to know how to go about costing jobs.

Thanks for the Link BAS!!!!

Clearly the man is a Complete

Goldberg, brain surgery is easy to cost!!!!

One hole saw £5, One small laddle £1.50 one Paring knife £1.99 Needle and thread and bit of toilet roll £2.00

Acessories and equipment £10.49

Labour £50000

So assuming no need to replace the brain due to wear and tear then

£50010.49 + VAT

Now if your are interested in doing it I am going to write a C&G book on how to do it this afternoon before the news at 5 O'Clock

£2.50 and if you're the first I'll sign it for you :D :D :D

Firstly, thanks to all the private messages of support I've received. There are some really good people out there willing to offer some help and advice. I'm relatively new to this field which is why I looked for some answers on this site. I thought that was the idea of this site but, it would appear, it's just somewhere for 'some' sados to blow smoke up each others arses and demostrate how clever they 'think' they are.

I don't profess to know it all but I always strive to do a good job in a safe manner. Unfortunately, there are some complete tossers out there (you know who you are) who resent anyone new wanting to learn 'their business'. It's called 'small dick syndrome'. If you know it all, what are you doing on this site :?: Get a life guys :cool: While you sitting in your bedrooms with your curtains drawn, trawling the site for someone to take the **** out of, we're out there doing the business :LOL:

I'm flat out at the mo and most of my work is recommendations so, I must be doing something right ;)

There is someone out there for everyone guys, you don't have to be alone :cry:

Firstly, thanks to all the private messages of support I've received. There are some really good people out there willing to offer some help and advice. I'm relatively new to this field which is why I looked for some answers on this site. I thought that was the idea of this site but, it would appear, it's just somewhere for 'some' sados to blow smoke up each others arses and demostrate how clever they 'think' they are.

I don't profess to know it all but I always strive to do a good job in a safe manner. Unfortunately, there are some complete tossers out there (you know who you are) who resent anyone new wanting to learn 'their business'. It's called 'small dick syndrome'. If you know it all, what are you doing on this site :?: Get a life guys :cool: While you sitting in your bedrooms with your curtains drawn, trawling the site for someone to take the **** out of, we're out there doing the business :LOL:

I'm flat out at the mo and most of my work is recommendations so, I must be doing something right ;)

There is someone out there for everyone guys, you don't have to be alone :cry:

I'm relatively new to this field which is why I looked for some answers on this site. I thought that was the idea of this site...
No, the site is generally for novices to receive help in solving technical problems in their own homes.

If you want your hand held through a period of training, which is most definitely the period that you're in, albeit without direct instruction, then try posting a topic in "Trade Talk".

I don't profess to know it all but I always strive to do a good job in a safe manner.
If that is truly your primary objective then you'll stop right where you are and get the correct training for your circumstances. The mistakes you're publicising now are the kind that apprentices make while under supervision, i.e. when they're not competent to be let loose on their own. If you progress, and if you become competent, you should expect to look back on this period with horror when you realise how dangerous you currently are.

we're out there doing the business :LOL:

How many of your customers do you think fully understand what electricians do? If you're a nice bloke with a good bedside manner, i.e. are tidy, prompt, and polite, and are cheap compared to a fully trained electrician, and appear to be thorough, then of course you'll find plenty of clientele.

However, to claim that you're doing something right because you're busy is flawed reasoning. Customers are notoriously undiscerning when they think they're getting something cheap. If that weren't true, then there would be no cowboy tradesmen out there.

What you seem to have firmly in your favour is honesty, judged by your willingness to write about your mistakes. Please don't misread the motive for equal honesty on the part of people who point out where you're being less than competent. It has less to do with genitals than a professional (and utterly laudible) desire to uphold principles of safety by using methods of working that have taken a long time to acquire.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back