Plumbing under the kitchen sink

Sponsored Links
What happens when they are not wet and you attempt to solder?
Trying to correlate this to the difficulties I was experiencing yesterday!

Also I can appreciate that standing water in the pipe is an issue but what if it has had water run through the pipe but is now empty but still slightly wet?

If the pipes have standing water in them, at or close to the site you want to solder, the water will act as a heat soak and draw the heat away from the area and it will never get hot enough, that and any steam that's created can cause a weak joint.

If the pipes were wet but are now empty then heat 6" of the pipe away from where they are to be fixed until it stops steaming, that should ensure the soldering site is dry.

Sponsored Links
UPDATE: I've redirected these pipes through the unit. Need to clip them back.
upload_2020-9-29_11-35-34.png

Thanks for your help and would welcome your feedback.

The back of units tend to be flimsy so attached a piece of timber to the back first, even with adhesive, then clip the pipes to that.

The hob looks awfully close to the sink bowl!!

ohh.
I was really cramped for space and couldn't see any other choices. Infact by creating the space that I have between the sink and the hob, I have inadvertently pushed out the tap hole. This is now very close (if not on) the upright shelf of the unit. I am guessing that I may need to cut some of the back corner of this unit to slot in the tap.

Yup, not unusual to have a centre section sitting where the tap may be so a slot needs to be cut down and out from the carcass.

Also appreciate that if the hob has to go there then it has to go there. Not sure what, if any, clearances are required from a sink, the distances are mostly centered around combustible surfaces, it's just a little unusual to have it so close that's all.

I did see in the manual that there were stipulated distances from wall. Can be reduced if I am tiling - the case for me. Nothing about distance from sink

And when you start fitting cupboards on the wall check the clearances above and to the side of the gas hob.

Details should be available in the manual for the hob.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back