Polycell Smoothover

TR1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just finished using Polycell Smoothover to cover an uneven/artex ceiling in my bedroom. After sanding down the 'tram lines' left with the trowel I'm now ready to paint. As there are still areas of slight uneveness I was after some advice:-

Should I use a primer or undercoat prior to applying the final matt finish?

Are there any thicker undercoats that would be effective in covering these patches that anyone could recommend?
:?: :?: :?:

Sponsored Links
Just thin out the first coat by 15-20% that should be fine.

Zampa..I think Tr1 meant is there anything to cover the patches of unevenness..not patches of discolouration!... :LOL: ...Hence question about thicker undercoat!..

TR1 said:
I've just finished using Polycell Smoothover to cover an uneven/artex ceiling in my bedroom. After sanding down the 'tram lines' left with the trowel I'm now ready to paint. As there are still areas of slight uneveness I was after some advice:-

Should I use a primer or undercoat prior to applying the final matt finish?

Are there any thicker undercoats that would be effective in covering these patches that anyone could recommend?
:?: :?: :?:

you could probably try polycell smoothover this is what it does :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
might be worth trying polyell crack free ceiling paint,its a bit hard to apply because its so thick but coveage should be good

Thanks for replying guys.

Your right papergirl I was wondering if there are any thicker undercoats that would cover up slight blemishes left after I've used Smoothover. I've tried sanding the surface down and whilst the majority is now a lot flatter and even than before, there are still some areas of slight unneveness. These areas are very shallow.

Should I be applying a second coat of smoothover as per jbonding's post recommends or are there any thicker undercoats on the market that would hide the blemishes? :?:

Thanks in advance

papergirl said:
Zampa..I think Tr1 meant is there anything to cover the patches of unevenness..not patches of discolouration!... :LOL: ...Hence question about thicker undercoat!..

I stand corrected...(said the man in the Orthopedic shoes!)... :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back