Polyplumb - Cold Water Only?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a Polyplumb Double Check Valve to put on my Hot Water supply to my bath mixer tap. The website I bought it off says that it is "Not for Central Heating", which it isn't. The packaging that it came in says "Cold Water Only".

Other Websites that sell the same product only have a general Polyplumb blurb about being for both Hot & Cold water supply.

So should I put this on the Hot Water supply or will it fail and why?

Sponsored Links
I can only think that due to the way the polyplumb double check valve works (the plastic valve system) and the material it's made from that they cannot guarantee it's viability when used with hot water.
Even JG Speedfit ( the best push fit IMO) only guarantee their push fit check valves for intermittent hot water at 65Deg at a reduced pressure rate. If it's got to be a push fit and PP won't guarantee theirs then it would be one of these I'd suggest using.
That being said I would recommend using a normal brass compression fitting check valve to be sure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back