Poor Flow Rate for Hot Water...again

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The problem is that the hot water comes out very slowly. They had a plumber out about four weeks ago, he forced cold water into the hot tap to force out air which worked...temporarily.

I'm thinking of fitting an air seperator(?) at the highest point to constantly release the air. Would this be masking another problem? Is there something else I should try first?

It's not a combi. The central heating is fine. He tells me it's recently had a new shower pump and immersion heater fitted.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Could be the shower pump is installed incorrectly. Sounds like the hot supply is teed off the existing hot outlet on the cylinder and is sucking in air from the open vent.

Hot should be supplied via an essex or surrey flange to eliminate this.

Thanks Dave. If memory serves there was a tee off the hot outlet. I didn't think anything of it because Aqualisa had told me previously that you don't have to go straight into the hot or cold tanks, just nearby. Anyway, that'll be something to look out for before I start doing anything else.

I think 22mm Surrey flange should be easier to fit as it just replaces the flange at the top. A bit of re-piping in 22mm to the shower pipe and Bob's your uncle.

Cheers!

I think 22mm Surrey flange should be easier to fit as it just replaces the flange at the top.
Think again.
The pipes are the wrong way round to fit a standard layout, and you have no way to alter the angle the sideways pipe (shower) goes off at.

Warix have more intelligrence applied, but Essex are the simplesr. You have to let some water out of the cylinder, but then they take 5 minutes.

Sponsored Links
I see what you mean about the Warix being more adjustable.

Also, I think the tee comes off sideways, so maybe it would be as simple as moving the tee to the bottom of the pipe so it comes off downwards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back