Poor Shower Pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Finally fitted new bath/shower etc. & as suspected the water pressure from shower is still very poor. Its a mixer bar gravity fed system. Can anyone suggest the best way to get good pressure, & a rough idea of costs?

Sponsored Links
For a gravity fed system you need to pump both your hot and cold (not mains) to ensure equal pressure and greater flow for your mixer shower - assuming it is thermostatic ?. You'll also need to check your hot cylinder size and cold water tank size - you may not have enough to spend more than 5 mins in the shower without running out of either.

I bought a dual Salamander pump for approx £130 but you'll need to get this fitted with an Essex / Surrey flange and probs a days plumbing work - good luck.

Another option which I'm looking into at the moment (mains water pressure issues permitting) is to put in an unvented hot water cylinder - this will be approx £500 - £800 just for a decent sized unvented tank plus labour.

As was suggested to you six weeks ago, you need a pump. This could either be a separate pump or a shower with an integral pump. Cost? Almost impossible to say without seeing it. Somewhere between £400 And £2k

I noticed that the 2 inlet connections on the back of the mixer bar have built in mesh/filters. Would this also be slowing it down?

Sponsored Links
‘I bought this for £25 off ebay and it’s s***... can you make it better...?’

Ahhhh :whistle:

I live in a bungalow. Cold tank in loft pretty much just above ceiling at shower head, hot water tank next door to bathroom. 2 pipes that feed the shower come from the loft. Can anyone recommend a pump (or any other solution) that could be fitted, at a decent cost as Ive already spent enough on this bathroom!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back