Poor upstairs hot tap pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey folks , as the title suggests , I have poor hot water pressure from my upstairs basin taps. The bath tap isn't too bad. All taps are low pressure taps and the previous 30+ yr old taps were equally poor.

The Hot water cylinder is in the bathroom at the same level as the sinks.

Anything I can do that wont cost the earth ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
CWS ? Cold water suppy / Store ?

The cold water tank is about nine inches above the cistern, which in turn is about 2ft above the tap spout.

Sponsored Links
have you not got a loft ?

Yup, but the cistern , cold water tank and CH F&E tank are all in a large airing cupboard in the main bathroom. Are you suggesting that moving the cold water storage tank into the loft would increase pressure to the hot taps ?

EDIT: By cistern I mean the big tank thing that the emersion heater fits into :oops:

Are you suggesting that moving the cold water storage tank into the loft would increase pressure to the hot taps ?

i am
higher the cws the more pressure you'll get.
every metre will give you 0.1 bar.
the average house will have about 0.2 bar to the bath/basin taps.

it works by how high the cws is not where the hot water cylinder is as the cws feeds the cylinder.

it works by how high the cws is not where the hot water cylinder is as the cws feeds the cylinder.

Ahh , thats the bit I wasn't getting.

Many thanks Seco
:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back