pop up waste bolt with a hole

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

While removing the pop up waste to clean, the while plastic bolt of the pop up waste fell down. Unfortunately it is not in the bent section of the pipe. Water flushed it out.

The width of the top metal part of 40mm.

The images are from the other sink, I need to replace the bolt with a hole. The bolt seems to be 6mm wide and the hole also is 6mm diameter.

I would be very grateful if someone can guide me in the right direction. I tried Wikes and a plumbing store in Cardiff.

Do I need to replace the whole pop up waste or this bolt can be bought?

Thanks a lot,
airp

Sponsored Links
Have a look at Homebase 503131 - its reckoned to be a direct replacement.
John :)

Hi John,

Thanks a lot. I looked at something like that initially online. In my case, a thin rod comes into the hole in the bolt. Do you think that the brass bolt at the bottom has a hole through which the rod will go through? Or will it be fine that this will sit on the top of the rod. I can remove the other bits of the pop up waste and put the photos if that will help

Many Thanks
airp

Frequently, the pop up plug simply sits on top of its operating rod - it doesn't need to pass through the hole on your missing bolt.
The weight of the water in the sink holds the plug down anyway.
So - either go for a replacement like the one I've suggested (and hope it fits) or repair the one you have using a brass screw with a large head if possible.....on occasion I've soldered a washer on to make the head bigger. Where there's a will there's a way, etc!
John :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks a lot John, you have been very helpful

I understand it now, it makes sense. It is very likely I will buy what you suggested.

Cheers
airp

I found exactly what I was looking for.

It is called a Eye-Bolt. So I shall buy a brass/plastic eye bolt.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back