Pop up waste doesn't pop up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a pop-up waste installed by plumber a while back, and it's never really worked properly.

The lever is built into the tap, and feels really loose, always returning to a central position whether you pull it up or push it down.

The actual plug bit only moves a couple of millimetres even though the lever only moves a couple of centimetres.

The plug doesn't hook onto the horizontal bar connecting the lever to the plug - it just has a flat foot plate that rests on top of the bar.

If I tighten the ball joint nut then I get no real movement, but if I loosen it then the whole thing goes wobbly and the plug doesn't move at all.

Any help welcome,

Cheers

Sponsored Links
lift the plug out of the hole and it will have an adjustable screw on the bottom.

sounds like its not adjusted right to the push/pull lever

it may not have been tightened up correctly or not in the hole inside the waste connection. simple enough to do.

Sponsored Links
After you fix it, try to get into the habit of pushing the plug down to close it instead of pulling the lever up. It should last longer that way.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back