Porch about to fall down!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Slight exageration but we seem to have some paint (possibly old wood filler) leaking from the cross pieces inside the porch (near the top) and the drips are landing elsewhere on the woodwork and finally resting on our UPVC door step.

When I first saw them I thought that they were maggots but then realised they were maggot shaped droplets of paint or something. I 've pinpointed the source but just wanted to know what was causing this and what I could do to nip it in the bud.

Many thanks

Longshanks

Sponsored Links
Got a pic? Never heard of maggoty paint droplets!

Hi

Hope I've uploaded images correctly. The paint (or whatever it is) is leaking from the white cross section, falling onto the brown bit further down and then landing on the step.

Your advice would be much appreciated.

Longshanks

Sponsored Links
Sorry but I've had too much rd wine already tonight.

Are you suggesting this is bird ****e? If so, you are wrong. Why the hell and how the hell would this be emanating from exactly the same spot in the porch roof all the time?

Could a wee one be sneaking in under the soffit of a night, and perching on the same spot?

Possible but unlikely. I've checked out the space and there's little evidence of activity. Would have to be a very wee one indeed....

If it was paint or something else leaking from the structure what would cause that and how would you deal with it?

Ta

Paint doesn't leak. It could be old filler or caulk that's got damp, check the roof isn't leaking (hosepipe)

You were 100% right. Just a little feathered bugger in the top of the porch. I might be wrong nut I think it's a baby owl. If it wasn't for the ****e I'd be happy for him to stay there but I guess I'll have to close his speace somehow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back