position a bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my bathroom is ground floor concrete with two cold exposed outside walls.
Can i make a 6inch false wooden floor with insulation and sit bath on top instead of using legs suplied?
thanks.

Sponsored Links
You can physically fit a bath onto anything strong enough to hold the weight (and the weight of the water and a person [or two ;)]) I'm not convinced your suggestion of only insulating under the bath area would make much difference to the heat in your room tho.

would it cause any future problems if i fitted it this way?

Sponsored Links
Only if you get so old that you can't get your leg that high. :LOL:

Seriously though, shouldn't cause any problems so long as you use waterproof board or marine ply in case it gets wet. I'm not sure it would make any difference to the cold floor in that the rest of the floor would still be cold. I suppose there is a chance that any dampness rising from the floor could be trapped under the insulation and cause mould. I don't know - I'm no expert on damp. What about under floor heating?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back