Possible faulty zone valve...advice needed please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Having had no end of trouble with my central heating I made a concious effort to see what is causing the CH not going on (HW is fine).

My HW zone valve makes a click when fully opened whereas the CH not only doesn't seem to move as far but there is no click.

The valves I have are Tower MV2-22C's. Does any know if the switch on these (if that is the problem) is replaceable?

Cheers
Daz

Sponsored Links
Switch the activator heads from the two valves over. If the heating then works and the hot water doesn't, you have your answer. Could be the synchron motor. Less likely to be the microswitch. Or just replace the whole head. Those Tower ones are not expensive.

Sponsored Links
Must admit that I've never fitted one as I generally fit the honeywell valves but by the look of them the actuator mounts on the valve body in much the same way as the honeywells.

Take the cover off then look for 2 screws holding the actuator to the body. I'm sure the heads are available so they should be removable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back