Possible problem with wireless thermostat?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, I hope someone here can help. Firstly, my heating system consists of:

Ideal Isar combi boiler
Honeywell CM921 wireless thermostat/programmer
Honeywell wireless receiver (can't find any model number, but internet research suggests it's a BDR91)

Now the weather's gone chilly, I tried to switch on the heating yesterday for the first time in months only to find that it won't come on. The thermostat appears to be working correctly, as it shows the correct temperature and when I set the target temperature the flame symbol shows and the transmitter symbol shows briefly.

I suspect the receiver, as nothing happens here. When I press the button on the receiver, the green and red lights illuminate for a split second then go out. If I press the button repeatedly, the boiler display changes from 0 to c, but the burner doesn't fire up. As a result, I have no heating. The hot water works on demand as it should, with no problems.

Can anyone suggest what the problem may be and what I should do?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back