Possible Thermostat issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Drayton dual channel programmer, a gloworm boiler and a remote Drayton thermostat.

Currently, we seem to be getting no problems from hot water supply, but the heating seems to be very sporadic. It seems to work in the morning but not in the evening (I'm not sure this is the case, just seems the way). I have checked what I can but have limited knowledge, however the thermostat dial does not click at all when i turn it. Could this be the issue? If anyone has any idea what to check I would be grateful if you could point me in the right direction! If it is the thermostat not clicking then would that be an electrical issue. If not has anyone got contacts for Drayton for me to call to try and get technical assistance.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi if your heating comes on in the morning shouldn't think it would be your roomstat that wouldn't know what time of day it is, sounds more like timer settings put it on 24hr/constant see what happens.

It seems to be coming on half the time, i have gone through the timer and all that is fine. There is light on the programmer to indicate that the heating is on but the boiler is not reacting, suggesting the thermostat may not be calling for heat. There is no click on the stat when i turn the dial so I think there may be an electrics issue to the thermostat but was hoping some can confirm there should be a clickat some point when i turn the dial on thermostat?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Are you able to test the electrical side of the roomstat? Check there is a voltage at the input side when the time clock is on for heating. If there is a voltage there, then if it doesnt give a voltage to the boiler and pump when it should be calling for heat then it will be faulty. Replace!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back