Possible to replace these Window Handles?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to replace some of the Window handles in my flat, but the type that are fitted on to the windows at the moment do not seem to be sold anymore and I have purchased a number of non-suitable replacements.

Anyone seen any place where these can be purchased from? I've looked through most of the online stores and none of them sell this hooking type of cockspur handle:

As you can see, the wedges are also non standard and sit on the frame at an angle to make the contact with the handle flat.

I'm going to need about 20 handles to replace all of them in the flat, most of the handles have snapped off which is a real pain if I want to close the windows!

Be very grateful of any suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your help.

I have actually found a handle on ebay that looks almost the same, going to try one of those first and if it fits then I will try to source some more.

There is no part number or markings whatsoever on the current handles.

The one I am getting from eBay is a Cego Prima Cockspur - although it looks like I will struggle to find any more of them even if it does fit.

I've already bought several other cockspurs, the handle is fine, but because the only place to put the wedges does not leave them at a flat angle it does not work properly.

Shame - the handle from ebay would have been great but the stack height was too low.

The company that made the handle "Cego" have gone out of business, so looks like I am stuck with windows with no handles or else get new windows!

Sponsored Links
They're almost identical to mine and I've got the same problem, but I did find quite a few places selling 17,18 or19mm offset cockspur handles. They were expensive but nowhere near as bad as new windows.

Measure the stack height and then Google is your friend. Use keywords like 19 cockspur etc.

The problem is the stack height actually, these are huge. I've ordered ones of every size and 21mm is still not high enough.

My old ones appear to have a stack height of 25/26mm and nowhere sells them.

It's difficult to see from the angle the first picture is taken from but it looks like although the spacers are fitted to the bevelled angle of the frame they still come to a flat face which sits "proud" of the frame because of the raised ledge section. Could you cut/buff some of the thickness away therefore reducing your offset to a distance suitable to a handle you can get? The spacers on mine are pushed into two holes in the frame and can be prised off, although I did see some glue residue under one. You might be able to remove them and cut them neatly on a bench.

I know this is over two years later but did you get any luck with your handles?? I am in the same situation and would love to know you have found a solution (apart from replacing the windows!!).

Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back