Possible underground leaking pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Morning Folks

I hope you're well. I have found that the carpet on my kitchen floor has has got wet patches in around 3 places. I have checked the walls and ceiling of the kitchen, including the rest of the house, and there doesn't seem to be water anywhere else.

I presume that means there is a pipe leak from under the ground? If so, would that be covered by my home insurance policy?

Has anybody else come across that problem before? What's the best way to resolve this?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
you have a carpet on your kitchen floor !!! are you sure nothing has been spilt onto it ? got pets ? got young kids? got wife who mops carpets ?:LOL:

I have mentioned before about a floor I dug up to trace the cause of 2 wet corners.
I found 2 elbows that had never been soldered, and fitted several years previously (not by me :) )

Most insurance policies cover the damaged coverings etc, but not the repair. But it may cover the restoration of the concrete floor after the repair has been done. But do you have emergency repair on you;re policy, as that should deal with it.

I presume that means there is a pipe leak from under the ground? If so, would that be covered by my home insurance policy?
which insurance company are you talking about ?

insurance companies with plumbing cover . the plumbing company have no interest to what damage is caused to get to the leak and will leave that damage to you to deal with , but , you will have to contact insurance company again to deal with the damage depending which insurance hence my first question

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back