Posting alloys wheels.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anybody got any idea what is the best way to send four alloy wheels?
If I use a courier do the pick them up, what do they need to be wrapped in etc.
I've searched some couriers but I can't find the specific information that I'm looking for.

Sponsored Links
I sent some with Paisley Freight through e-bay, was a while ago but they picked them up after I packed them, very easy and fast.

I would certainly wrap them, and use something to protect the edges as they could be banged about and get rim damage. If you could cut some discs/squares hexagons of ply bigger than the rims and use bits of 2x1 as a sort of cage around the stacked wheels you could use pallet wrap ?

It might be easier to send 4 as two pairs as they would weigh a bit and heavy stuff gets mistreated. Put the weight on the package in large print as the loader will thank you.

considering how heavy they will be, I would strap them to a pallet, and find a carrier with a forklift.

Sponsored Links
If they are strapped to a pallet then they are less likely to get thrown around.

If they are strapped to a pallet then they are less likely to get thrown around.

True, but make sure you put plenty of packing across the top one because all manner of 'things' will be dumped on top.

Actually, thinking about it, it may be best to build a crate around them with a thick lid and fasten the crate to the pallet. Then if the worst happens and they get dropped they are less likely to be damaged.
Apparently DPD appear to be the most trusted couriers at the moment according to a recent survey I saw somewhere.

Actually, it doesn't matter if they get roughed up a bit as they will be getting refurbished on arrival.

We Have deliveries on pallets and half pallets, the stuff is crushable.
It's pallet wrapped and then there is a cardboard "Do Not Stack" cone fixed to the top.

The cones are only about a quid each but looks like they come in 25's.
I'm sure a traffic cone could be "borrowed" or a bit of blue peter work

I had wheels delivered, packed in pairs in good cardboard boxes with cardboard top and bottom and dividing the two wheels. The boxes were the really sturdy type thicker than normal cardboard. Alternatively what about plastic crates?

I had wheels delivered, packed in pairs in good cardboard boxes with cardboard top and bottom and dividing the two wheels. The boxes were the really sturdy type thicker than normal cardboard. Alternatively what about plastic crates?
They are actually being delivered to me, I'm asking the question on behalf of the sender. As I will be getting them re-furbished on arrival, the don't need to be crated, palleted or bubble wrapped for protection as all that just adds to the weight.
I'm really only interested in the courier system. i.e. how it works and who is the best/most economical company to transport them.

We get deliveries in work and at home and I find DPD the most reliable and friendly.
TNT are another good one. Both do collection and drop off.

Pipe insulation on the edges and then cardboard/or bubble wrap the crap out of them

Sponsored Links
Back