Potable Water to Outside Grill Area

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I'm planning an outside kitchen/BBQ area, and would like to have drinkable tapwater out there. Is this possible?

My setup at the mo is an outside tap, short hose run to a manifold and out to hoses and plant watering etc.

My thought is to replace the first bit by removing the outside tap (I have a stop valve inside) replace with with 'water pipe' (copper/plastic); tee off to the manifold via a non return/check valve, and off to the tap at BBQ area on the other side.

Is this possible? Thanks.

CG

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I am sure that it's possible- think campsite water points and even horse/cattle troughs
My concern would be frost protection .
Most outside taps need insulation and that would include any pipework above ground.

Just make sure there's an isolation and drain point/double check valve inside before the water pipe leaves the building. When it gets cold and the water for BBQ/garden is no longer needed - it's going to freeze - then isolate the pipe and drain down, as everyone should do with an outside supply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back