Potteron Profile 80NG

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Potteron Profile gas boiler and the boiler flames up for each mode heating and water.

The heating mode works, but not the hot water mode (stone cold).

Any ideas what this could be? I gather it could be Thermostat, 3 port vale or something else?

One thing to note is that the immersion heats water as expected. Obviously want to keep this switched off.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Sponsored Links
If you have a 3 port mid position valve, then yes a likely failure, stuck in mid position probably.

Thanks for the reply. Is this a replacement then or can it be repaired?

It depends on brand and type/age - some can be repaired with a kit, some you can just swap the power head (actuator), but it can also depend if the valve itself is stuck, eg the spindle can’t be moved enough.

Sponsored Links
Its a Honeywell. I will probably just replace it.

Should be no more than an hour?

Thanks

Oh by the way there was good voltage from the 3 port valve. Could it still show voltage but be faulty e.g. stuck as you mentioned?

Yes it can show voltage, and depending where you’re testing for voltage, might be permanent, and yes can still fail. If it’s got a dimple on the metal cover, then afaik, you can just replace the power head.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back