Potterton 30he leak from dv front pin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

just need some help I replaced the diaphragm and the pin on my potterton 30he due to a leak but there is still a small leak when ever the pin comes out to push the chip. Can anyone give a reason why. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Did you replace the entire valve or just the diaphragm? if you didn't replace the brass section then I'm not surprised it's still leaking

Hi

I just replaced the diaphragm I was hoping that would fix the leak.

Do I need to replace the whole valve?

If it's the Performa 30he then the front seal is included in a service kit commonly available.

Sponsored Links
I have already changed the diaphragm and pin but whenever the hot water comes on there is a small leak still.

as 45 said you need the front gland(front seal) that the pin goes through it is in a kit with most dprams,

I have also changed the gland nut but there is still a drip coming from the hope where the pin comes out from. Any ideas I don't want to change the whole diverter valve.

It's always simpler to change the whole thing (well, the differential assembly - you don't need the whole diverter valve), saves lots of faffing and they're not exactly expensive (about £40 from memory)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back