potterton 80 pressure up and down

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ok well this is whats happening now first thing in the mornings all the pressure has gone from the heating, top it up and bleed off air, light boiler on heating only comes on briefly then goes out, this happens until the rads get hot about 15mins, pressure rises to about 2.5 hot, I only put about 1bar in it when cold, now the other problem is that when the heating is running, if you ask for hot water the boiler cuts out and locks out with lots of banging and rattling, with the tap open its like steam comeing out.. any ideas ????????????

Sponsored Links
Probably two faults.Boiling fault on hot water ,sticking domestic hot water flow switch.Increase of internal water pressure on c/h. demand,points to defective pressure vessel.Also the auto air valve, fitted top left of heat exchanger,prone to blockage.

ok well I found the auto air flow valve was blocked, as we speak the heating is now running, I am about to ask for some hot water!! ran hot water with c/heating running as well for 15 mins all ok.. give yourself a gold star mate. problem with pressure loss I think is a O ring fitted to flexi pipe on pressure vessal any part numbers for that ???? many thanks anyway

Sponsored Links
Your problems aren't over. See "boiler pressure problems" in ref section.
Get odd O rings from a plumbers merchant's box.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back