Potterton 80e Combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys - I have a Potterton 80e Combi in the loft - it was here when we moved in so I guess it's about 8 years old. It has always been a bit slow to deliver hot water to the tap and the water flow takes a long time to build up. But yesterday it stopped delivering hot water altogether - I turn on the hot tap and hear the pump working but it never gets hot and the water flow remains weak - radiators don't heat up either, but again I can hear the pump. I have had a look on the unit and can see LOCK-OUT lit. I plan to call out someone and want to be prepared to sound knowledgable when / if he starts giving me ridiculous quotes. What do you think?

Sponsored Links
If the lockout light is let then the thing you can do first is to reset it.

If these boilers are not serviced or installed correctly then the gas valve settings can drift and cause ifnition lockouts.

Tony

Press the reset as Agile advised

Run hot water and observe the flame

turn off hot water

flame should extinguish immediately

If it doesn't the dhw microswitch is sticking

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back