Potterton boiler no heat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help?

I have a fully pumped system using 2 honeywell V4043H valves. Valves, timer, pump and tanks upstairs. Boiler and thermostat downstairs. Central heating and hot water can work together or independently.

My potterton netaheat electronic 10-16 boiler gives no heat. There is no light in the inspection window. My Grunfos pump was jammed, I freed it up and its working normally. My Randall 4033 timer doesn't tick but when I set heating or water to overide the pump and boiler start up. The boiler makes its usual running noise but doesn't light and remains cold even after hours of running. Can hear water running through boiler and its fan working.

When I turn the honeywell T6360b room thermostat down to below room temperature the stat clicks and the boiler goes off. When I turn stat up above room temperature it clicks and the boiler comes on but gives no heat and stays cold.

Prior to the boiler not heating when the themostat wast turned down my radiators stayed at the same temperature.

Thanks in advance for your assistance

Steve

Sponsored Links
congratulations on still having this boiler running most have been replaced by now, this forum prevents me from telling you what I suspect is wrong as it involves RGI work so Im afraid you will have to get a registered engineer in, hope you can find an old codger like me to call in as we have extensive experience of this fault afraid young lads wont have a clue

Thanks for your reply. Its good to know that its fixable. Hopefully, I can find someone with the right know how.

Steve.

As stated there are not so many of these boilers left but when they work they are quite reliable although not very efficient.

They are generally quite repairable although some parts are now obsolete and not obtainable although sometimes used parts can be obtained to keep these units working.

I try to keep parts available for our own customers but dont sell them to others!

Tony Glazier

( Old codger ? )

Sponsored Links
Simple get Tony to have a look at it for you and if its what I think it is he will have one, as he correctly says most parts not available these days but we have most parts too as used to be loads of them around here and when we replaced them we always stripped them for parts, that reminds me I need to clear that bloody garage out, good luck
Ian

would defo get an rgi to have a look at the boiler..i cant tell you what the cause of prob will be as you not rgi yourself....
but these old boilers can rust away were the flow and return join the back of the boiler if they have leaked at all in the past..and case seals can start to perish which, for this boiler ..can be very dangerous...an rgi will know what i`m talking about..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back