Potterton boiler not starting up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have a Potterton Boiler which is probably around 10 year old which is not starting up when set to start or on timer.

I am not sure if it might be a loose connection in the circuit board at the bottom of the boiler because if I move it or tap it underneath, the boiler will start up. I hear the fan starting and the boiler then ignites and I get heating and hot water.

But I don't want to have to start it up by physically tapping/hitting the circuit board/bottom of boiler with my hand every time.

Can anyone offer any advice please on what the cause is likely to be and the easiest way to fix it?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Whilst we know its a Potty boiler they have made perhaps 50 different models!

To help you further you need to say which!

Its a bit like saying a Ford car! Do you visualise a KA or V8 Pilot ?

Tony

Actually I realised that when after I submitted it hastily. I will let you know the model later when I am able to get home to see it... doh!
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Well as you say it might be a loose connection on the PCB.

But it could also be a gas related aspect which we don't advise on for DIY repairs.

If you are competent to work on electronics then you could see if you can find an electrical problem.

But if not call a competent engineer.

Your boiler is more like 20 years old!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back