POTTERTON BOILER PROBLEM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, hope someone can help with this one!
I have recently moved into a property and for the first time have a combi boiler to use (always had electric storage heating in previous properties) Initially the pressure bar was barely reading 0.5, but now after a couple of weeks use, it now appears stuck up near 2.0 - 2.5 and often creeps towards the 3.0 mark. The hot water in the property is taking on an almost rubber/latex smell and the boiler has developed a few dripping leaks - is it knackered, or just in need of a good service?

Sponsored Links
For a start it needs to be operated properly.

It sounds as if you may have left the filling loop valve partiolly or fully open.

Depending on where the leak comes from how serious it is.

I think you need professional help and it might cost between £80-£200 if it can be revived.

Tony

Thanks Tony. It's leaking from a silver pipe underneath the bolier, so i guess that is the valve you mention. i have had my girlfriend turn the black tap on the pipe (closing it i guess?) and she tells me it is only leaking from that point now. pressure is falling down to 1.0 when the heating is off but goes back up past 2.5 when on.
It's a Potterton performa 24

Sponsored Links
Even so the expansion vessel still needs recharging using the correct procedure.

See FAQ again!

The performa is a reasonably modern boiler and should see service for another 5-8 years.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back